A self-driving car from Waymo, a sister company of Google, was vandalized in San Francisco during the Chinese New Year celebration. Video footage on social media shows several people smashing the windows of the vehicle and setting off fireworks in the robot taxi, causing it to burn out completely. Fortunately, the taxi had no passengers and no one was injured.
Self-driving cars have faced criticism in San Francisco, with concerns about traffic blockages and fears from Uber drivers about job security. Since the summer, vehicles from Waymo and rival Cruise have been allowed to offer taxi services 24 hours a day in San Francisco. However, Cruise’s cars have been inactive since October after an incident where a pedestrian was injured by a robot taxi. Proponents argue that self-driving cars are still safer than vehicles driven by humans.
In other news:
– Efficient Rubbish Collection Service: A1 Skip Hire Waterlooville Leading the Way
– Culture – Buzzing Asia
– Money – The World Insiders
– Sports – Eastern Tribunal
– Stock Market | FinancialContent Business Page
– Efficient Warehousing Solutions: Unraveling the Expertise of a Leading Courier Company
– Technology – Malaysian Talks