On Tuesday, Croatia and Wales will be the last direct participants in the European Football Championship after the qualifying matches. Monday has a lot of excitement in store for all three groups, as competitors for the second place play directly.
England has secured first place in their group and is visiting North Macedonia, which has already lost every chance to reach the Euros. The match is at BayArena in Leverkusen, where Ukraine welcomes Italy and can send them back to the play-offs again. Italy and Ukraine are tied on points, with Italians needing just one more point to qualify for the final tournament while formal hosts must go for a win. Bookmakers give them only a 20 percent chance.
Albania is another surprise team that could make it to the Euros after drawing against Moldova on Friday. They need just one more victory to qualify for their second major competition after Euro 2016. Moldova is also close, just one victory away from qualifying for their first major tournament ever without play-offs. The Czech Republic welcomes Moldova on Sunday and needs just one more victory to qualify for the final tournament as well. Bookies give them an 89 percent chance, but a draw will be enough to secure a spot in the Euros for both teams.
Slovenia is another team that could return to major competition after missing out on qualification in Denmark last week. They need just one more victory against Kazakhstan on Sunday to secure their place at the Euros. Kazakhstan has been doing well so far and needs just one more scalp to join Slovenia and other European teams at this year’s championship. Bookies give Slovenians an 89 percent chance of making it through while Kazakhstans have only an 11 percent chance of achieving this feat.
In conclusion, Monday will see some exciting matches that will determine who will join England as direct participants at this year’s European Football Championship.