Michigan insurance coverage corporations that are portion of the state’s insurance coverage marketplace and topic to the Economical Care Act say they will preserve supplying particular no-price preventive solutions.
That is soon after the solutions have been struck down by a federal judge final week.
The judge’s selection sided with religious groups that had argued insurance coverage plans topic to the Economical Care Act should not have to cover no-price drugs that can avert HIV. The groups claimed such drugs “encourage homosexual behavior.”
The judge applied a various, technical argument to also strike down the requirement for plans to cover other no-price screenings for diabetes, breast and cervical cancer.
Michigan insurers say they will nevertheless present the no-price positive aspects whilst the case is becoming appealed by the Biden administration.
The Biden administration says the judge’s selection threatens crucial care that saves lives.
The insurers that have agreed to continue covering no-price preventive solutions in totally insured plans are:
- Aetna Life Insurance coverage Business, Aetna Well being of Michigan Inc.
- Blue Care Network of Michigan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Cigna Well being and Life Insurance coverage Company
- Well being Alliance Program, Alliance Well being and Life Insurance coverage Company
- Humana Insurance coverage Company
- Humana Healthcare Program of Michigan
- McLaren Well being Program Community
- Meridian Well being Program of Michigan, Inc.
- Molina Healthcare of Michigan
- Nippon Life Insurance coverage Business of America
- Oscar Insurance coverage Company
- Physicians Well being Plan
- Priority Health
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance coverage Business Inc. and UnitedHealthcare Neighborhood Program Inc.
- US Well being and Life Insurance coverage Company
- Wellfleet Insurance coverage Company